Wednesday, November 30, 2011

34 Weeks.

Sorry! I know I missed last week. It was kind of hectic with Thanksgiving and all...but we're still hanging in there. :)

How big are the Harber girls?
Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. (I don't know how they compare this week. They didn't take a weight measurement at our u/s on monday.)

What's going on with the Harber girls?
Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers – which she'll need to regulate her body temperature once she's born – are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.
*All of this is very good news. Our doc has officially okay'd us if something happens and I go into labor that the girls will come and they won't stop it. I'm relieved, and excited..but time ticks on. I know they'll be stubborn and probablly want to wait until the last minute. :P Here's their profiles from this week:
 Karalynn Rose
Kathryn Marie.

Symtoms:
Just heartburn still. :S And my new favorite, intense pelvic pressure. Of course that's all because Kara's sitting directly across it though.

Body Changes:
Well, I don't know how I did it, but I lost two lbs last week. So I'm still officially up four from pre pregnancy. I don't know..I guess the girls are just taking EVERYthing I'm eating to put on their own body weight at the same time I'm losing mine. Not that I'm complaining. Hopefully it'll make it easier after they deliver to "tighten it up." Lol, gotta love Knocked Up. Oh, and it's official, my belly button is so ugly. It's no longer an innie, and not quite yet an outie. Who knows...hopefully it'll go back to normal after their born.

No comments:

Post a Comment