Wednesday, October 21, 2009


Well Hello There!
      I suppose introductions are in order. I'm Adrian Harber, but I wasn't always. Go back five months ago, and I was still Adrian D. Rogers. My husband Luke and I were married on June 7th of this year. I'm going to go back, WAY back to the beginning to show you where we've been, and how we got where we are today. :)
     Luke and I met his freshmen year of college. He called me up, and we met while he was home for Thanksgiving break.(This was back in '05) He was attending college at the United States Naval Academy, which is in Annapolis, Maryland. For those of you who don't know...this is really far away from Arkansas. When we met, I was swept away. Luke has such an ease about him. He was only home for the weekend, and when he came to say goodbye to me that saturday, I was crushed. I didn't know how I could feel so strongly for a guy I'd just met, but I did. He showed up in his uniform, and kissed me for the first time. And it was in that moment, I knew this was the man I was going to marry. (Hey, what I can I say, I'm a sucker for a guy in uniform! Haha)
     Luke was a little more apprehensive about our relationship, and wanted to take it slow. I think he knew how hard the distance was going to be, and he wasn't sure that we'd be strong enough to over come it. We ended up just "dating" I suppose you would say. Finally, the time came for him to come home for Christmas break. The first time I saw him again, I felt all the butterflies all over again. He finally worked up the nerve to ask me to be his girlfriend on Dec. 21st of 2005. We've been together ever since.. :)
     Life over the past four years has not been easy by any means. Luke's school was really stressful, and that stress usually boiled over into our relationship. We had our ups and downs just like any other couple, but we worked it out. And I had faith, and I knew that being apart would only prepare me for what was really ahead. Deployment. I knew that once we were married, and he made the military his career, we would eventually face deployment. Seperation isn't something that scares me anymore. Luke and I endured a lot together, and it's only made our relationship stronger.
     Luke asked me to marry him last Thanksgiving. I couldn't really tell you what he said, or how I felt. I was so overwhelmed I cried, like a baby I might add. Haha. I get really emotional over silly things like that. I was so excited to start planning our wedding, and our future together. I had tentatively set our wedding date for the middle of Sept. in '09. We had to wait for him to graduate, which was in May of this year. I worked hard to plan the wedding the best I could without bothering him with the silly stuff. His last semester of school was really hard. Well, as you know, the military has a way of changing plans. Luke was shooting to be a Marine pilot, but for matters unseen he was denied. He was told he was going to be a Navy pilot. I honestly can't say I was too disappointed. He's still flying, and still doing what he wanted to, just not the branch he wanted. With this new information came his "report date." We were shooting for Oct. But no, he was assigned June 26th. Report to Pensacola, FL. Oh gosh, could I tell you how nervous I was about that. We ended up having to move our wedding up so that I could be here with him while he was going to school. So, life got a lot more stressful for me. I thought I was going to have another six months to plan, and suddently I had two. I went into panic mode, and I'm sure I drove my roommate nuts! Haha.
     Well, May came, and with that graduation! I can't tell you how proud I was on that day. I literally cried. It was such a big first step in the rest of our lives. Not to mention this was the day that my Midshipmen became and officer in the United States Navy. Luke was inducted as an Ensign on graduation day. The next week flew by, and our wedding was around the corner. LITERALLY! We were married on June 7th 2009 in Eureka Springs, AR. I felt so blessed. We had a small ceremony in a little glass chapel in the woods. So romantic! :) (I'll write more about that later.) Anyway, the following week..the week of our honeymoon, Luke's roommate for all those years he was at USNA was getting married in Seattle. He was the best man. We couldn't miss it. So, we spent our honeymoon in Seattle going to his best friend's wedding.
     The next few weeks flew...and then, it was time to move. To pick up and leave our home. My hometown. I'm not going to lie, it was the hardest thing I've ever done. We left our friends and families, all to start our own. We quickly found an apartment down here, and I've tried my best to make it feel like a home, but in my heart, I know our home will always be in Arkansas. Life as a military wife has been interesting, and I look forward to all of the adventures that are ahead of us.
     So, here we are in Pensacola, Florida, waiting for the next phase of Luke's flight school, which should be soon. Married life has been fun, though I might add, it's not all that much different from when we were dating except we wear rings now, and my last names different. :) But I can say I'm proud to be Mrs. Harber, and I love our new life!
    That's pretty much it up to now! Haha.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh Age- you two are so cute! I miss you- but I'm glad you started a blog so you can keep me updated on your life- and any big news you might have!