Wednesday, December 16, 2009

That's IT!

So,
     I know it's been a while since I've wrote. We've been pretty busy with the season and everything. In fact, we're about to go home! I'm so excited. I miss my friends, family, and just..being in a town that I actually KNOW people. I gaurentee you I could go to Wal-Mart in our hometown, and I'd run into at least ONE person I knew. Here, no. Not a single darn soul. Church has been about the only saving grace. I'm thankful that we've found a church home and that the young adults in our group accepted us so openly. That's been nice. It's good to have at least SOMEone else I know here.
     But that's not even what I set out to write about today. You see I've been going back in forth with Luke about what I wanted for Christmas this year. I keep trying to tell him I'd love to have some more jelewry. I mean, I'm about the most girly person I know. But he keeps saying that I got a plenty big enough present last year. Yeah well, that was last year dear! Haha. So I've given up on that one.
     So yesterday I decided all I wanted was for him to take me shopping. I LOVE to shop. I miss that a lot. Before we married I did it..a lot. Way more often than I should have. So naturally it's been a very hard adjustment to go from that, to nada. Anyway. I really wanted to go because, frankly. My darn jeans just don't fit me anymore. When we got married I was in excellent shape. When we first moved here, we went and did the McGuire's 5K every Tuesday. NOT anymore! :( So what else have I had to do but sit around, cooking, baking, and cleaning. Literally. The first year of marriage's ten lbs have definitely been added. Well, I'm sick of it. I have seven pairs of jeans in my closet that if I just lost ONE flipping size I'd fit in.
     So, we went. We went on a mission to find me pants that fit. Guess what?! Six stores later and I found ONE pair. ONE stinkin pair that weren't SKIN tight, which apparently is the newest fad. UGH. (Side note: We found a deal on some cotton t-shirts at Wet Seal. You're not going to believe this: $1.50! Insane, right?!) (Oh, another note: apparently a LOT of the stores around here offer military discounts! How awesome is that?! We saved $10 at Aeropostale yesterday. Neato! Haha) Anyway, I found a few shirts, some camis, and a pair of jeans. So I guess it wasn't a total loss.
     But, this whole endevor has set me on a mission. Lose 1 pant size by Valentine's Day. I mean, common, that's totally doable. And it will be done. This is stinkin ridiculous. I know I will never be a size 4, or probablly even a 6. But who's to say I can't be a happier healthier version of myself? :) So, this is my goal, and I think it's a good one. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment