Wednesday, June 1, 2011

8 Weeks. ;)

Sorry I'm late. Technically I'm a Sunday week changer, but we were in Seattle this weekend and I've honestly been so exhausted I forgot to update! :D Anyway here's what's going on this week:

How Big Are Babies?
The babies are now the size of a raspberry. :D Almost double what they were last week!

What's going on with Babies?
Your baby is now 5/8 of an inch long, about the size of a kidney bean. New this week: Webbed fingers and toes are poking out from your baby's hands and feet, his eyelids practically cover his eyes, breathing tubes extend from his throat to the branches of his developing lungs, and his "tail" is just about gone. His arms have lengthened, too, and his hands are now flexed at the wrist and meet over his heart. His knee joints have formed, and his feet may be long enough to meet in front of his body. In his brain, nerve cells are branching out to connect with one another, forming primitive neural pathways. 

All of the ultrasounds I've seen around this gestational age look like little turtles! :P Makes sense since they practically just have a head, little arms with webbed fingers, the "trunk", and little legs with webbed feet. I can't wait to see our little ones again! :D Just a few more weeks.

Symptoms:
I'm still battling the wonderful M/S. I recently read that this is worse the higher you are in altitude. Isn't that wonderful? We're at 6350 here in Butte. Haha. Cravings have started randomly too. Today it was a southern style chicken sandwhich with a sweet tea from McDonalds. Unforunately our Mickey D's burned down a few weeks ago, so I had to drive to another town. :P

Body Changes:
Not much is going on right now. I just look really chubby. But like I've said..I just don't get it. I'm still down 6 lbs. from pre-pregnancy weight. I guess it's just weight shifting and bloat. :P Anyway here's a pic from last week.
Only 221 more days to go! :D
              

No comments:

Post a Comment