Monday, September 19, 2011

24 Weeks!

Holy Moly! I can NOT believe I'm already 6 months. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I can't wait to meet our little girls. It just seems like this pregnancy is flying by. And to think that this means we have 2 and a 1/2 months (God willing) before the girls comes, scares the crap out of me. They're going to be here before we know it!

So, how big are those Harber girls?
They're about a foot long each, and should weigh about 1.5 lbs each. (Roughly the length of an ear of corn.)

What's going on with the girls?
Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

Symtoms:
Well, I'm still feeling really good at this point! I'm not complaining at all. Frankly I love being pregnant. Feeling the girls move, and knowing that those are our little babies in there just makes me giddy. :)

Body Changes:
Well, I honestly can't remember how much I weighed last week, but I'm holding steady at the same weight. It's up 9 from the lowest point in the pregnancy, but I'm still down 3 from the beginning. :) That makes me happy. Since I do have at LEAST 3 lbs of baby in there, not to mention each of the placentas and all of the fluid. My stomach gets bigger everyday though..and you'll see soon what I mean. My boobs have grown too, of course that's to be expected. I'm trying hard to not invest in new bras until I know how big they're going to be. Something that does make me a bit sad, I officially have stretch marks. I had very light ones on my lower stomach to begin with, and up to this point those had just been expanding with my stomach. But now the tops of them have turned that ugly pink/purple color. All the cocoa butter in the world doesn't seem to be helping. But well see. Not that it really matters anyway, I can't imagine I'll ever be comfortable being in a bikini after having twins. Haha. Anyway here's the bump this week:
 Here's a comparison shot of the last three months. I think the bump has definitely rounded out, and gracious does it ever stick out when I walk. Haha. I'm starting to get that pregnant lady waddle when we've been out walking for long periods of time. It makes me giggle, and I can't help it. I mean, really? There's two babies in there, what do you expect? Haha. 112 Days to Go! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment