Saturday, April 30, 2011

4 Weeks. :)

How big is Baby H?
     Baby is the size of a poppyseed. :) A teeny tiny little ball of cells, but I'm already so in love.

What's going on with Baby?
     This week marks the beginning of the embryonic period. From now until 10 weeks, all of your baby's organs will begin to develop and some will even begin to function. As a result, this is the time when she'll be most vulnerable to anything that might interfere with her development.
     The primitive placenta is also made up of two layers at this point. Its cells are tunneling into the lining of your uterus, creating spaces for your blood to flow so that the developed placenta will be able to provide nutrients and oxygen to your growing baby when it starts to function at the end of this week.
     Also present now are the amniotic sac, which will house your baby; the amniotic fluid, which will cushion her as she grows; and the yolk sac, which produces your baby's red blood cells and helps deliver nutrients to her until the placenta has developed and is ready to take over this duty.


Symptoms:
     So far I haven't actually gotten sick, but I have been feeling quite nauseas after I eat. Not fun, but it certainly makes it feel a little bit more real. Other than that my symptoms have been pretty mild; just sore tatas (very heavy feeling), very ravenous hunger, and I'm extremely exhausted. I've already taken 2 naps today, and I really feel like I could sleep again. My sense of smell has gone up exponentially. Now, noted, that I've always had a very sensitive sense of smell, but this is just crazy. Food aversions haven't really started yet, but I'm waiting for the day.

Body changes:
     Well aside from the tatas, which I swear have gotten bigger, not a whole lot has changed. I swear I'm really bloated though. My jeans are already tight to the point that I don't want to wear them. Oh well. :) I've put on a solid 2 extra lbs. But, like I said this is bloat. Lol

So, so far things are still going good. I can't wait for the end of May to get here so we can see this little bean. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment