Wednesday, May 4, 2011

5 Weeks! :)

Each week is a milestone in my book. Especially in the first trimester.
 BabyFruit Ticker
Baby H is the size of an appleseed. :)

What's going on with Baby?
      Your embryo, which doesn't look like much more than a tadpole right now, is actually starting to form major organs  (heart, kidney, liver, stomach) and systems (nervous, circulatory, digestive). Baby's presence in your uterus triggers production of HCG (the hormone detected by pregnancy tests), which triggers the production of other hormones like estrogen and progesterone, which triggers all those great symptoms you've probably been noticing!       

Symptoms:
     Honestly, not much has changed since last week. However, I've been peeing A LOT! Lol. Getting up in the middle of the night has started too. I had to get up twice the other day. I always make sure I go before bed, so I was kind of surprised it's already started. Lol. My sleepiness is still pretty extreme. However, we've discovered that I have hypothyroidism. Basically my thyroid isn't functioning the way it's supposed to. So, I've been put on a synthetic horomone. I'm hoping they've caught this early enough because it can cause problems later on with baby. But, after discovering this, it makes so much sense. I know that pregnancy often makes you tired. But...I've just been flat out exhausted. Hypothyroidism also causes constipation, exhaustion, and a feeling of being cold often. All of which I'm suffering from. Oh the joys! Lol :P

Body changes:
    I feel pretty good so far. :) I've made Luke start being strict with me and making me go with him to the gym. I feel SO much better when we do go. My bloat isn't as bad either. Plus I've added in an extra hour of yoga on Tues. and Thurs. So I'm up to four hours weekly. I've ordered prenantal DVDs, that I hope to get soon that I will do on the other days. Since my actual yoga class isn't "prenantal." My instructor said she'd do what she could to modify the class for me. But we'll see. :)

We're telling our families later this week..I'm so nervous! But, it'll feel good to know that they know..and I won't feel like we're hiding it. We will not, however, be announcing to our friends, or facebook, until the 2nd tri. Wish us luck! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment