Sunday, July 10, 2011

14 Weeks

How big are the Harber babies?
The babies are about 3 1/2 inches long! About the size of a lemon. ;)
What's going on with the Harber babies?
Welcome to the second trimester! This week's big developments: Your baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his thumb. Thanks to brain impulses, his facial muscles are getting a workout as his tiny features form one expression after another. His kidneys are producing urine, which he releases into the amniotic fluid around him -- a process he'll keep up until birth. He can grasp, too, and if you're having an ultrasound now, you may even catch him sucking his thumb. In other news: Your baby's stretching out. From head to bottom, he measures 3 1/2 inches -- about the size of a lemon -- and he weighs 1 1/2 ounces.  (They almost doubled in size of this week!)



Symptoms:
Well, like I blogged about earlier this week, I finally lost my battle against morning sickness. A few times last week I just couldn't handle it, and the inevitable happened. :S Other than that, just the continuing headaches and occasional faintness. I have noticed that I'm not eating as much these days. I just can't seem to fit as much in my stomach. I wonder if this is because my organs are already being smushed. I've also noticed that I get short of breath really easily. This is super annoying. :S Oh well.



Body changes:
Well, last week I was down a total of 12 lbs. since pre-pregnancy weight. Today when I weighed myself I was back up a 1.5lbs. Who knows if that will stick around though.



182 days to go! :)              

No comments:

Post a Comment