Sunday, July 17, 2011

15 Weeks*

How big are the Harber babies?
The babies are about 4 inches long, from crown to rump. They weigh about 2 1/2 oz. That's about the size of a navel orange. :)

What's going on with the Harber babies?
She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds.

Symptoms:
Well, I actually feel pretty good this week! :) That's a pleasant upswing. Though I have noticed I'm getting really uncomfortable easily. I don't know how to describe it..it's weird. It's just like I can't ever get comfortable, anywhere. *Shrugs*

I SWEAR I felt one of the babies move on Friday. Luke thinks I'm crazy. My doctor told me I wouldn't be able to feel them until much later on, but I don't know what else this could've been. The only way I can describe it, it was like a fish swimming in my lower stomach. It was interesting, for sure, like the little one was doing flips or something and kicked the wall. I just read in my pregnancy newsletter that some women describe it as feeling that way too. :) I'm excited. I hope it really was the baby and I'm not crazy. Haha.

Body Changes:
Well, I've been fluctuating again. I'm back down the lb I gained..so I don't know. *Shrugs* I'm not really worried about it. They'll start packing the lbs on me soon enough. ;)


175 days to go! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment