Thursday, July 21, 2011

4 Mo. Appt.

Well we had an appt. yesterday. Honestly I was thrilled because it's been a month and I just miss seeing the little ones.

(TMI warning)
However, yesterday afternoon after I woke up from my nap, I got up and went to use the bathroom, like always. Lol. I FREAKED out when I stood up to flush because there was blood in my urine. It scared the crap out of me. I've never had that happen, and I had no idea what it could mean for the LOs. I cried. I didn't know what else to do but continue to get ready and go to my scheduled appt and bring it up then.

So I go, and they weighed me. Man I hate their scale. According to it I've gained 4 lbs in the last week...but this was with a full bladder. (I weighed myself this morning and I'm back down to -12 lbs. Stinkin water weight.) My doctor seemed a tad bit concerned I'm still not gaining much at this point. I just told him that I'm not worried about it. These kiddos will pack the lbs on me soon enough. Lol.

Anyway he used a doppler for the first time. I could have cried but it was oddly comforting to hear the little thump thump. Unfortunately we could only hear one of them. Doc said it's really hard to differenciate with twins. But nonetheless it was an awesome sound.

Then Luke convinced him that we should do an U/s as well since we didn't get to hear both the heartbeats. (I felt that we should have one too. Especially after one of them didn't move around a whole lot the last time.) They've gotten so big! I can't believe it. They really do look like little babies in there. :D The machine they use is really crappy quality so we don't get to see a lot. But, we got to see the head, spine, body and heartbeat.

Doc said I either have a UTI or bladder infection. He said it's common for pregnant ladies to get them, which explains the blood in the urine, and the constant urge to go. He's prescribed an antibiotic, which Luke tells me we will have to inject like an epipen. I'm freaking out. I hope he's wrong and that it'll be an oral one. I still don't know. We had a fun time running around with our pharmacy yesterday. *Eye roll* Time will tell. **Update: I finally got my antibiotics. Luke was just trying to freak me out. They're oral ones, thank gosh! :D**

So for now, everything looks good. :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad everything turned out ok. I'm so excited for your next ultrasound. Seriously- CANNOT WAIT!

    ReplyDelete