Friday, August 19, 2011

19 Weeks.

Sorry I've been a slacker! IDK what's going on with me, I guess I'm just..exhausted. Lol. Anyway, here's what's been going on with our girls:

How big are the Harber girls?
They're about 8 1/2 oz. and 6 inches long. (Well, actually at 18w5ds the girls were weighing 9 oz. each, so a big bigger than average.. but I'm okay with that. ;) ) They're supposed to be about the size of a mango.

What's going on with the Harber girls?
Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.
Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

At the ultrasound, the tech said that both girls were beautiful. Everything was exactly where it's supposed to be. I teared up a bit when we got to see both of their hearts beating away. It's AMAZING to me that you can see all the bones, and particularly all four chambers of the heart. Talk about melting Mommy. Lol.

Symtoms:
Well, not much this week. I'm just tired all the time. Maybe that's because I've stopped taking afternoon naps. But I've been sleeping a lot longer during the night. Even if it's not super restful.

Body Changes:
Well, it's official, I've gained 5 lbs. I'm still down 7 from pre-pregnancy weight, but that 5 hasn't budged at all. Oh well, I guess it was only a matter of time. ;)
The doc actually measured my belly with a tape measure this time. That made me giggle a bit. He said I'm measuring just fine for twins, and if we didn't know he'd be pretty concerned about how big I'd be for a singleton. Overall though, I still feel like I'm doing pretty well. For now I'm carrying everything in the bump. That's just fine with me. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment