Wednesday, October 12, 2011

27 Weeks

Hello 3rd Tri!
I can't believe I've made it this far! My next goal is 32 weeks. After that 36/37. :) Keep bakin babinos!

How big are the Harber girls?
They should weigh roughly 2 lbs and be about 14 1/2 inches long.

What's going on with the Harber girls?
This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.  
*This makes me giggle. I actually felt my first set of hiccups out of one of the girls the other night. Shortly after she got them, so did her sister.

Symtoms:
Holy heartburn. It's radiating my chest. I cant seem to find anything to help either. When I don't have that, I have severe indigestion. I mean..I seriously can't drink water without getting one or the other.

Body Changes:
Still no consistant gain or loss. But hey, get this, I've gone DOWN a pants size..again. Pre-pregnancy I was in a 13/14. When I went through my bouts of M/S I went down to a solid 11/12. I've hung out there pretty much up until two weeks ago. The pregnancy pants that I got at target (for $14! I was so proud!) are now baggy on my butt and legs. So, when we were in Helena the other day we stopped in Target again. I found another pair of maternity jeans..get this, for $6! Not only that, they're a size 10. I was so freaking excited.

It's official though, I'm measuring full term (for a singleton.)  Which explains all the side glances I get when we're in town and people ask our due date. Go figure, right? ;) I immediately follow with, "Its twins." I mean, two take up a lot of room, right? Lol.              

No comments:

Post a Comment